Moisturizing is one of the steps in taking care of the skin. Facial skin is not the only one that needs to be hydrated; we also need to take care of the rest of it with the help of the best body moisturizer. Rough, dry, and flaky skin is one of the common causes of early skin aging.
With that said, we have found three products and evaluated each of them. We looked into their features, pros, and cons.
Best Body Moisturizer Reviews
Taking care of the skin by applying body moisturizers is vital to keep your skin supple, elastic, and looking young and vibrant. The right moisturizer will also keep out the dry, itchy feeling, and can even target your problem areas like the elbows, knees, and heels. Here are three moisturizers that promise to deliver such results:
1. Seven Minerals Rejuvenating Magnesium Lotion
Produced in a state-of-the-art, USA-based facility, the Seven Minerals Rejuvenating Magnesium Lotion offers the following:
- Hydrating formulation: The lotion has a unique combination of avocado butter, royal jelly, shea butter, cocoa butter, lavender oil, lemon oil, and beta glucans, as well as other non-toxic, natural ingredients that are good for the skin.
- Anti-Aging mineral: Apart from the rich and nourishing ingredients, this body moisturizer is also rich in pure magnesium chloride, which is absorbed deep down the skin’s basal layer. This mineral promotes collagen production and proper circulation, as well as improves skin elasticity. It is also a good carrier that takes necessary nutrients as it gets absorbed by the skin.
- No hormone disruptors: The ingredients of this body moisturizer are all natural and don’t include toxic ingredients that can disrupt hormonal balance or cause cancer.
- Natural colorants and scents: Seven Minerals Body Lotion has no synthetic coloring and fragrances. The color of the lotion itself depends on the color of the combined ingredients. Same goes with the scent; it doesn’t have added perfume, and its scent lies only on the added natural lemon oil and lavender oil.
- Highly moisturizing
- Uses pure magnesium chloride
- Ingredients easily absorbed by the skin
- Non-toxic components
- No artificial ingredients
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
2. Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer
As the name implies, this product has been formulated to be used on the skin and hair. Its versatility is owed to the following features:
- Tea tree oil: This substance is known for its antibacterial properties and can also help heal and prevent fungal infections. It also fights acne and has a cleaning property as well.
- Jojoba oil: This oil is one of the vital ingredients widely used in various skin and hair products because of its different uses. It is moisturizing by creating a protective barrier on the skin or hair. It also has antibacterial and antioxidant effects. Plus, it is non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog pores and cause breakouts.
- Peppermint oil: This oil has many properties that can be beneficial for both the skin and hair. For one, its menthol component is a vasodilator, which helps improve blood flow. It is also known to reverse hair loss and help enhance the growth of hair. Additionally, peppermint provides a tingly sensation that can be refreshing to both the scalp and skin.
- Paraben-free: Parabens are common preservatives used in personal care and cosmetic products. It can be found in moisturizers, soaps, creams, and deodorants. However, parabens are linked to hormone disruption and breast cancer. The good thing is that this product is paraben-free and is free from other potentially dangerous ingredients.
- Vegan-friendly: This moisturizer is made with all-natural ingredients derived from plants.
- Two-in-one: This product is not only for the body skin, but it also works well as a moisturizer for the scalp and hair.
- Color-safe: The Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer is color-safe and won’t stain or bleach any type of fabric.
- Moisturizes both skin and hair
- Natural ingredients
- No animal byproducts
- Free from harmful
- Has antibacterial properties
CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
3. Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream
Manufactured by a company that aims to provide individuals products that work on sensitive skin, this cream has the following features:
- Head-to-toe application: This cream can be applied on the face, body, hands, and any excessively dry areas like the heels and elbows
- Non-greasy: This cream has been formulated to make sure that the skin won’t feel oily and sticky once it is applied. Likewise, it is easy to apply and is quickly absorbed by the skin.
- Non-comedogenic: This moisturizing lotion has a light feel and doesn’t have heavy oils that may clog pores, which are the primary cause of blackheads.
- Clean technology: This product doesn’t contain any form of artificial fragrances, dyes, lanolin, formaldehyde, and parabens.
- Acne-prone skin mix: Acne products can dry out skin and cause flaking. Applying Vanicream won’t clog pores like other products and will only moisturize skin without aggravating acne.
- Gentle formula: Vanicream is perfect for those who have sensitive skin or skin conditions like eczema. It moisturizes, soothes, and manages dry, itchy, and irritated skin. It also helps boost skin moisture which is essential in keeping away flare-ups.
- Does not have toxic ingredients
- Rich in nourishing nutrients
- Ideal for most skin types
- Easily absorbed by the skin
- Doesn’t leave an oily feel
- National Eczema Association seal of acceptance
- Thick formula won’t sit well on some skin types
CHECK LATEST PRICE ON AMAZON.COM
The three products have their unique ingredients that contribute to their moisturizing effect. Seven Minerals Rejuvenating Magnesium Body Lotion, for instance, is infused with magnesium chloride, while Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer uses the power of jojoba oil. On the other hand, Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream has synthetic ingredients like petrolatum to provide the necessary moisturization.
While Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Hair and Body Moisturizer can also double as a conditioner, it falls short on the moisturizing effect on the skin. The Vanicream is very moisturizing and can even heal and calm eczema and other similar skin conditions, but it is a tad too heavy on the skin, especially if you are on the oily side.
As such, of all the three, the best body moisturizer for us is the Seven Minerals Rejuvenating Magnesium Body Lotion. It is rich in nutrients that nourish the skin, and it doesn’t contain any harmful ingredients. Applying it regularly will definitely make the skin more supple and young-looking.
It is not watery and not oily. The texture is just right and might be ideal for dry to combination skin. It is also lightweight enough to be tolerated by those with oily skin.